The challenge is always to look for ways to Increase foot traffic in Tauranga City Centre and showcase the amazing eateries within our city centre's hospitality sector so we came up with Taste Tauranga as part of that plan.
The inaugural 'Taste Tauranga' month long event was launched in 2018 to profile and support the Tauranga Mainstreet's hospitality sector while building brand recognition for Downtown Tauranga through positive emotive connections and influencing consumer behaviour by encouraging more frequent dining.
Taste Tauranga is an extraordinary FEASTival dedicated to everything food - from mouth-watering set menus to tapas trails throughout the city, a launch that included diamond giveaways, competitions galore and dining experiences with celebrity chefs.
Naturally communicating the many offerings available was paramount. Alongside our wide reaching communication plan, we utilised our large network to assist in promotions, creating for the public an outstanding FEASTival!
Taste Tauranga's inagural event in 2018 achieved the following results:
- The first Tapas Trail soldout in just 2 days – overal 91% of tickets to all Tapas Trails sold
- We grew the Taste Tauranga Facebook page from 0 to 704 followers in just 4 weeks
- We then achieved a Facebook total reach of 70,445, total impressions of 108,825 and total engagement of 4,150 likes, comments and shares
- Total website traffic to our Taste Tauranga website pages exceeded 11,560. Of the top 10 website pages for the month, 9 out of the 10 related to Taste Tauranga, proving the attractiveness of the promotion
Taste Tauranga 2019 achieved the following results:
- 80% increase in Facebook followers
- 78% increase in Facebook likes
- Total reach for the promotional period was: 117,544
- Total impressions for the promotional period was: 177, 908
- Over 6,500 unique engaged users